- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Feast it Forward Herbs de Provence Salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut in chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup half and half , plus more for brushing the scones
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
Sift together the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry blender or a fork, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour. Fold the blueberries into the batter taking care not to mash or bruise the blueberries. Make a well in the center and pour in the half and half. Fold everything together making sure not to overwork the dough.
Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 by 3 by 1 1/4 inches. Cut the rectangle giving you 4 (3inch) squares. Cut the squares in 1/2 on a diagonal to give you a triangle shape. Place the scones on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush the tops with a little half and half. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until beautiful and brown. Let the scones cool a bit before you apply the glaze.
In a microwave safe bowl combined lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar until dissolved. Whisk in the butter and microwave glaze for 15 seconds. Whisk the glaze to smooth out any lumps, then drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones.