- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 20 sweet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped, or a few dashes of hot sauce
- Fresh lime or lemon juice, to taste (2 or more limes) (I throw in the zest, too)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
With a fork, mash the avocado in a bowl until it is fairly smooth.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, tasting to correct the seasonings. Don’t hesitate to add more lime juice,cumin and salt, or a dash or more of hot sauce.
To make fresh chips, cut fresh corn tortillas into wedges and fry in 2 cups of hot oil until crisp, then drain. Serve warm.